Wind Energy Transmission Texas is seeking an eager and diligent Project Engineer to join our team. We offer competitive rates of pay and an excellent work environment. Principally located in Austin, Texas the Project Engineer shall carry out the following functions under the general direction of the Vice President of Engineering and Construction in accordance with the objectives and policies of Wind Energy Transmission Texas, LLC. These functions include leading and applying sound technical principles to civil engineering for new projects both transmission lines and substations. Managing tasks related to new transmission projects; participating in the development of standards and design for new projects; developing technical solutions which optimize existing facilities; minimize operating costs, risk and potential losses; apply technical principles to mitigate and avoid impacts to facilities, personnel, and the environment. More specifically, the Project Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
• Lead the civil development and revision of new transmission related projects, both stations and transmission lines, assuring compliance with applicable standards.
• Support new transmission line initial design, routing, estimates, and field efforts to identify existing constraints, crossings or special conditions.
• Manage new transmission line projects with external contractors, cost control, scheduling, budgeting and reporting as required.
• Other project related activities such as requests for proposal for new projects, proposal review and award, job plans, project debriefings, quality assurance and project closeout.
• Participate in oversight of procurement for transmission line projects.
• Assure compliance with WETT’s Health, Safety, Security and Environmental standards and policies.
• Work with maintenance team on existing facilities providing support regarding civil or structural issues.
• Evaluate new materials and technological developments in the industry; assess potential applications for WETT to optimize existing internal standards or designs.
Experience and qualifications
• A degree in civil or structural engineering from an accredited university;
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Texas;
• A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in transmission line design and/or transmission line project management;
• Advanced knowledge on applicable civil and structural standards for transmission lines and substations;
• Field experience and competency working around high voltage equipment;
• Knowledge about applicable Health, Safety and Environment standards;
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects;
• Physical capabilities to perform normal field duties safely;
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
• A solid understanding of project management processes;
• Ability to travel to system locations;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Excel, Project and Word.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license
Wind Energy Transmission Texas has developed one of the most attractive and lucrative compensation systems within the Utilities industry. Our comprehensive benefit package includes: